Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cookie pizza

Why god whyyyyy did I think of making this cookie pizza? This is sometimes the result of me trying not to keep any dessert in the house. Instead, my brain thinks of the most ridiculous thing to make, makes it, eats it (usually Tobey or Katie go down with me), and then feels sick. This instance was no different. Anyway, here it is...my recipe for cookie pizza, a very, very guilty treat.

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp baking powder1/2 cup semi-sweet Baker's chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butterscotch chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the vanilla and egg and mix well. In a second bowl stir together the flour and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients 1/3 at a time. Stir well after each addition. Add in the chocolate chips. Once the cookie dough is mixed set aside the amount you would like to eat (that's how this whole thing started) and form the rest into a ball. If you have a stoneware cooking sheet that will work best otherwise use a metal cookie tray. Place the ball of cookie dough in the middle and press it down until you form a cookie about the size of a dinner plate. Bake for 10-12 mins or until the cookie looks golden. Remove from the oven and allow it to continue cooking on the hot cookie sheet. I left mine on the stone sheet for about an hour. The cookie won't be cooked all the way through and will be gooey and amazing, just like pizza! I sliced my cookie pizza into 8 pieces (this sounds like very few cookies from a whole recipe but this is after Katie and I ate about 1/4 of the original dough mixture). By the next morning the cookie pizza was cooled and the pieces no longer fell apart. Just in time for Saturday breakfast (again whyyyy did I do this?!).



No comments:

Post a Comment